What You'll Need:
3 large bell peppers
1 box of Mexican Style Rice-A-Roni
3 Tablespoons of vegetable oil
1/2 of an onion
1 pound of ground turkey
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
sour cream (optional)
What To Do:
1. Start by preparing the rice per the directions on the box. You'll want to have this ready so you can add it to the turkey when it's done cooking.
*If you use regular rice cook it beforehand by boiling it in chicken or veggie broth and season with cumin, garlic powder, and chili powder.
2. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with non-stick foil. Wash and cut your peppers in half (long-way). Use a spoon (or your hand) to pull out the center of the bell pepper and dispose of the seeds. Place them on the baking sheet and set aside.
*This recipe gives two people three halves or three people two with a side.
3. In a large pot or pan heat up your oil. Brown your turkey for about 5 minutes. While that is cooking, chop your onion and then add it to the turkey. Add a the cumin and garlic powder and let the meat finish cooking. Drain the meat if there's a lot of liquid so it doesn't make the rice soggy.
4. Add the cooked rice to the turkey mixture and mix it all together.
5. Fill the peppers with the turkey and rice mix and cook for 10 minutes. Add cheese to the tops of the peppers and then bake for another 3 minutes so the cheese can melt.
6. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and salsa and ENJOY!