I'm still not big on baking - especially early on a Saturday morning, but I was willing to allow it for the outcome of homemade muffins! Oh these are so incredibly delicious and pretty easy to make. I got the recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction and didn't need to change much. I skipped the extra sugar on top because I figured I would have enough sugar in the coffee I would inevitably be pairing these with and found that they were just a good without it. I don't think I'll ever go back to boxed muffin mix again!
What You'll Need:
3 cups of flour
4 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of buttermilk (or 1 cup of milk + 1 tablespoon of vinegar)
1/2 cup of oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries
What To Do:
1. Start by pre-heating your oven to 425 degrees. Don't worry, you're going to lower the heat after five minutes of baking.
2. Carefully measure all of your dry ingredients and mix together in a large bowl. (You'll be adding the wet ingredients to this).
3. In another bowl, mix the sugar and eggs. Add the rest of the wet ingredients to the eggs and sugar.
4. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and make sure the flour is thoroughly incorporated. When it is, carefully fold in the blueberries.
5. Line or spray your pans and fill each spot to the top with your mix.
6. Bake at 425 for 5 minutes. Then for another 13 minutes at 375. Don't worry about taking the muffins out while the oven is cooling. When they're done leave them in the pan for another minute, then place them on cooling racks.
7. Let them cool for a bit, but they're better when they're nice and warm with a little bit of butter (and the coffee of course!). ENJOY