Pages

September 26, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles

These are the most awesome little bites of amazing that I have ever had. After I made these I had them in my refrigerator and would just take one out and eat it whenever I felt like it. These should be as common in a refrigerator as butter or eggs. I got the recipe from Love & Olive Oil after seeing the awesome reviews on it. What I like most about this recipe is that it's essentially EDIBLE COOKIE DOUGH! I know for a fact that I'm not the only one that loves eating cookie dough but feels a little guilty eating it raw. I tried a recipe once for an edible raw cookie dough that was made with cream cheese and it was good...but it tasted like cream cheese - not like I was about to bake cookies (which is what my friends and I were looking for). This, folks, is the real deal. I plan on making these again for a girls night, date night, or night in. I absolutely adore these - so I'm sharing them with you!

What You'll Need:
2 1/2 C flour
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 C butter (room temp)
3/4 C of granulated sugar
3/4 C of brown sugar (well packed)
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 C of milk
1 C of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
dark chocolate for dipping

Start by mixing butter and sugars until they're creamy and then add the milk and vanilla.

In a separate bowl mix your flour, baking soda, and salt then add that to your sugar mixture.

Measure out your chocolate chips and fold those into your batter.

You'll have to let this sit in the refrigerator for an hour-ish, I know, I hated it too. When it's been long enough, or like me, you take them out after about 30 minutes, it's time to roll them into 1" balls and place on a baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper. You're going to hate me for this to but now you have to put these in the freezer for another 30 minutes.

A few minutes before you take them out, get your chocolate melted. You can double-boil them or just use these nifty little containers like I do. All you have to do is put in the microwave for a few minutes, then you get perfectly melted chocolate.

This is just a warning from one foodie to another but because the cookie dough is so cold, the chocolate won't coat as smoothly as it would if it were room temp. See what I mean though, they're not very sexy (but I promise the taste isn't affected at all).

After they're covered in chocolate all you have to do is eat them. I recommend the thinnest layer of chocolate you can get because they actually taste better with less. With these, less is more (unless you're eating them...). LOOK! This is what's waiting inside, hidden beneath the wonderful chocolate. Mmmm...
Foodie Love
I didn't cover all of mine with chocolate because I didn't like the way the chocolate was coming out so I only did half. I actually liked the way both came out. Both are completely addicting! Besides waiting for the dang things to cool off and freeze, they're so easy to make. You could easily whip some up and serve them while looking totally sophisticated. Enjoy!

1 comment: