Pages

August 21, 2011

Chocolate Yogurt Dip

 Confession. I've been making this dip since I was a child. I found it in my first children's' cookbook when I was probably six. A few years ago I needed a fancy Valentine's Day dessert that could be done without taking too much time. Right away I thought back to this really easy dessert, and I've been making it ever since. All these years later, and having made it for Michael a few times now, he actually asks for it. Since my favorite dessert EVER is chocolate covered strawberries, and since recipe is just a variation of them, I enjoy making it.

The ingredients are really simple (you couldn't ask for an easier dessert)!
What You'll Need:
2 6 oz. containers of Strawberry yogurt
1 jar of Hot fudge topping
Strawberries (or your favorite fruit) for dipping

Mix both yogurt containers with 3/4 of the jar of fudge. Make sure the fudge is room temp so it mixes completely with the yogurt. I've never used any other kind of yogurt than strawberry but I absolutely love it. I imagine peach flavored yogurt would be pretty good too but I still like my strawberry.

I can pretty much eat this by the spoonful, and I'm not ashamed to admit it - it's delicious and look, it's done! You dip your strawberries right in the bowl or serve it up individually with a platter of fruit if you really want to get fancy about it. Either way it's all going to get eaten - trust me!

No comments:

Post a Comment